What Kind of Assistance Does MCUM Offer?

MCUM can assist in making up to a one-month payment on rent, mortgage, or utility bill to prevent eviction or utility shut-off. Financial assistance is only available to households who will not be needing help the next month. MCUM’s financial program is geared towards households in a short-term financial crisis. If you are seeking this kind of support, you should first request help from the township trustee. After the determination of the trustee, you may then call MCUM at (812)339-3429 ex. 15 to set up an appointment. You may also walk in to fill out an application and have an initial meeting with your coach who will then set up a time for you to meet with Sandi Clothier, one of MCUM’s caseworkers.

What Should You Bring to Your Appointment?

  • A copy of your lease
  • Mortgage or Utility Bill
  • Proof of income
  • A bank statement
  • TA-1A form from the Trustee (if available)

There are limited appointments available at MCUM, so we will not be able to provide financial assistance for 90 days to any client who does not come to their appointment, or does not call ahead to cancel.