Frequently Asked Questions:
How much will it cost?
Fees are determined on a sliding scale based on family size and income. The average family on MCUM’s sliding scale pays $63 per week per child, and a discount is available to families with more than one child enrolled.
Eligible families are asked to apply for support through the Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) and On My Way Pre-K – which enable families to enroll their child(ren) at Compass without (or with a very small) fee.
Can I have a tour?
Absolutely! Please contact a Site Director to schedule a time to see one or both of our facilities.
- North: Brittney Denton, email@example.com, 812-339-3429 ext. 10
- Downtown: Stacy Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 812-727-3737
What other services are provided?
- daily breakfast, lunch, & snack
- summer swimming for older classrooms
- creative curriculum
- behavioral health therapist on staff, available upon request or referral at no cost
Do you have openings?
We currently have spots for 3-5 year olds, depending on their exact ages in months. Please call to see whether we have a spot for your child, based on his or her birth date.
What is the enrollment process?
- Contact Stacy (Compass-North) or Brittney (Compass-Downtown) to inquire about availability of spot(s), based on your child’s age in months.
- The Site Director will give you an Enrollment Packet to complete. Return it, along with all required documentation prior to your child’s start date.
- Bring your child and enjoy!
- School Year Calendar
- Support our school by purchasing items off of our wish list!
- Parent Handbook
- Access Our Online Portal: NEW – now you can make payments & update your child’s information online!
Winter Weather Policy: If MCCSC closes due to winter weather, Compass closes as well. If there is a weather-related delay, Compass operates on a normal schedule.