UDPATED COVID-19 HOURS
MCUM Pantry Hours:
Tuesday & Thursday: 12-3pm
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: Closed
If you are able, please make food, cleaning, & hygiene item donations during that time. If you need to arrange another time, we are happy to do so. Please reach to to Mary Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-969-0638 to get it scheduled!
You can donate online anytime at www.mcum.org/donate.
Please monitor our Facebook page as we will continue to post updates as things change. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time!
Self-Sufficiency Center, Administration, & Compass-North:
Monroe County United Ministries
827 West 14th Court
Bloomington, IN 47404
Compass-North: 7 AM – 5:30 PM
Administration: 8 AM – 6 PM on Mondays & Tuesdays, 8 AM – 4 PM on Wednesdays, & 8 AM – 5 PM on Thursdays & Fridays
MCUM is located on the near west side of Bloomington, next to Tri-North Middle School and Mills Pool. We are located on the #2 West bus route.
- Turn west on to 11th Street. Pass the Upland Brewing Company and Bender Lumber and then go under the railroad overpass.
- Turn right onto Blair Avenue then right again onto Dyer Drive. The middle school will be ahead of you, the city pool will be on your left and MCUM will be on your right.
- Turn right into our parking area. The Childcare Program is in the brick building on the left and the Self-Sufficiency Center and administrative offices are in the gray building on your right.
- Turn onto West Arlington Rd. from Hwy 46. Follow Arlington over Hwy 37.
- After a wide turn to the left, Arlington turns into W. 17th Street. At this point, turn right onto N. Monroe Street.
- Go up the hill to the stop sign next to the water tower. Turn left onto 14th Street and then right to circle around the pool.
- Turn left onto Dyer Dr. The middle school will be ahead of you, the city pool will be on your left and MCUM will be on your right.
- Turn right into our parking area. The Childcare Program is in the brick building on the left and the Emergency Services Program and administrative offices are in the gray building on your right.
First United Methodist Church
219 East 4th Street
Bloomington, IN 47408
Hours: 7 AM – 5:30 PM
Compass-Downtown is located on in the First United Methodist Church off 4th Street in downtown Bloomington. They are catty-cornered from 4th Street Fire Station. Right off of the #3 East bus route.
If you are interested in learning more about MCUM’s programs, contact Katie Broadfoot at (812) 339-3429 ext. 18, to arrange a tour of the Compass Early Learning Center and our Self-Sufficiency Center. Tours are available for interested individuals and groups. All ages are welcome.
Please consider bringing your club, family, or members of your congregation. We can also offer meeting space if you would like to include a tour as part of a larger meeting. If your group is unable to come to us, we are happy to send a representative to your gathering to speak about MCUM.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in Compass Early Learning Center & would like more information about that process, our program, or to tour our facilities, please contact Brittney Denton at (812) 339-3429 ext. 10.