Do you need safe, nurturing environment to start your own non-profit organization? We Can Help. At Monroe County United Ministries (MCUM), we believe in self-sufficiency and innovation. Our new Non-Profit Organization (NPO) Laboratory aims to improve opportunities for like-minded NPOs to flourish in our community. Individuals and groups interested in starting a nonprofit organization or new organizations (with a 501(c)3 status of less than a year) in Monroe County are invited to apply for participation in MCUM’s NPO Lab. Program plan
WHAT WE PROVIDE
The NPO Lab will provide a safe, nurturing environment for good ideas to develop that will improve the lives of Monroe County residents. Many new organizations are unfamiliar with its legal and financial requirements. The NPO Lab provides start-up organizations with local, practical information that will improve the likelihood of long-term mission success. For participating NPOs to remain self-sufficient and successful, participants will receive individualized mentoring and be provided with networking opportunities.
Collaboration with other local nonprofits, connection with similar groups statewide, and mission advocacy will be expected by these groups accepted into the program. The NPO Lab aims to improve coordination and efficiency of NPOs with similar missions by creating an avenue for new NPOs to communicate with and learn from experts in the community.
Accepted applicants will be provided services, including:
- Office space
- Fiscal administration of funds
- Mentoring/professional development
- Networking opportunities with other groups and organizations with similar mission focus
- Board recruitment and development
- Programming that aims to serve the residents of Monroe County
- A mission statement prepared that includes improving the lives of Monroe County residents
- Complete screening procedure and be approved for participation
- If 501(c)3 status has already been obtained, it must have been awarded less than 1 year from date of application
- Submit fiscal sustainability plan within 3 months of beginning the program
HOW TO APPLY
- NPO Laboratory Application Form
- 1023 or 1023 EZ if already submitted
- Board list with contact information
- Mission statement (see Qualifications for details)
- June 10 Applications due by 12:00 pm. Must be electronically submitted with attachments in PDF format to email@example.com. Applicants will be notified of selection for interview by June 13, 2016.
- August 1 Program start date