The end of the year is known for countdowns: how much longer until the turkey comes out of the oven? How many days until Christmas? How many minutes until the ball drops? Here at MCUM, we’re counting, too. We count the weight of the cans in our food pantry, the number of volunteers needed to help visitors to our Self Sufficiency Center select food for their families, the birthdays of our Seahorses, and the percentage of our childcare program attendees who are ready for kindergarten – and everything in between. And now, we’re counting on you to renew your support for the children and households we serve through our two unique programs.
We’re on cloud nine about what you’ve already helped us achieve this year, including:
- early childhood mental health counseling for 18 enrolled preschoolers, supporting children at risk for developing mental illness;
- rent payments to keep 38 families in their own homes, saving them from eviction; and,
- transforming the formerly-known emergency services program into our Self Sufficiency Center, which empowers households to build financial stability.
But, we still have $86,123 left to raise and the countdown to 2017 has begun.
Click here to learn about how different giving levels can impact local families. As you count down during this season of giving, please include MCUM in your plans. Giving the gift of an improved life is easy as 1-2-3 (and don’t forget, for every $25 you donate, you’re eligible for a MCUM Honor Card!) —
- Mail your donation to us (827 West 14th Court, Bloomington IN 47404);
- Donate online, here; or,
- Call us at 812-339-3429 ext.20 to donate over the phone.
Help us add up as we count down! As we collect donations, we’ll unlock success stories that tell you the impact you’ve had so far. Check out the timeline below to see how the campaign is going: